#GivingTuesday is a movement to create a global day of giving at the beginning of the holiday season. In its first year (2012), it activated over 2,500 partners and increased online giving by 50%.
Indiegogo is excited to be a part of this movement because we empower individuals, nonprofits, social innovators, families, and communities to increase awareness for causes they care about, mobilize a broader base of supporters, and drive real results.
On December 3rd, we want to amplify the impact of your year-end giving. Check out these recent campaigns for some inspiration:
- Humans of New York raised adoption fees to bring home an adopted child from Ethiopia within 48 hours.
- Build Gateway Green generated over $100,000 to tranform 38-acres of unused land into a multi-use, bike park.
- Kite Patch helped pilot a mosquito-repelling technology to help save lives in Africa.
Here’s how you can join us in supporting #GivingTuesday this year:
- Create a #GivingTuesday campaign on Indiegogo and raise awareness and funds that support another person, organization, nonprofit or foundation that you’re passionate about. Already have a cause-related campaign on Indiegogo? Let us know, and we’ll add it to our #GivingTuesday Partner Page.
- Pledge to give 1% of funds raised from your current Indiegogo campaign through December 2nd to a #GivingTuesday campaign on December 3rd.
- Download our #GivingTuesday badge and use #Indiegogo #GivingTuesday to share your experience on social media.
- Contribute to #GivingTuesday campaigns on December 3rd.
Here’s how your efforts will be amplified by working with us:
- We will contribute $1 to each valid #GivingTuesday campaign for every $20 that campaign raises on December 3rd.
- Our partner, First Giving, has pledged to donate 1% of the total non-profit funds raised through Indiegogo’s #GivingTuesday campaigns back to a #GivingTuesday campaign.
- We will host a #GivingTuesday Partner Page, making it easy to find and contribute to them.
Want to learn how to run a successful #GivingTuesday campaign? Join our Google Hangout tomorrow (November 14th) to hear from our Campaign Specialist who will share best practices and answer questions about #GivingTuesday campaigns!
Visit our main #GivingTuesday page to find out how you can participate and help make this year’s #GivingTuesday a tremendous success!