Since Indiegogo launched crowdfunding 11 years ago, the company has completely revolutionized the way entrepreneurs make their dreams happen. But even as more and more entrepreneurs use Indiegogo to connect with their first customers, we are especially excited about the most unique and innovative products that are finding success every day on our platform. And in recent years, we’ve increased our focus on helping these entrepreneurs bring their ideas to life.
We’re honored to be the place where entrepreneurs reach their customers to start and grow the next generation of direct-to-consumer businesses – companies like TicPods, GPD and Mobius. Each of these companies launched on Indiegogo this year to build their audiences and are now shipping products to customers around the world.
We know that backers come to Indiegogo to get access to the most innovative products at preferred, pre-launch prices reserved for early supporters. But those great prices don’t matter unless you actually get the product you want. That’s why we have invested in new ways to help backers feel confident that the amazing projects they’ve supported will come to life.
Through amazing partnerships with Arrow Electronics and Ingram Micro Commerce & Lifecycle Services, we’re able to offer entrepreneurs support for manufacturing and shipping their products to customers. That means backers can feel more confident that successful entrepreneurs on Indiegogo will deliver on their promises. And each year we are seeing even more entrepreneurs fulfill to their customers.
Here are just a few of the highlights from 2018:
- Delivered! In the last 12 months, more than 1,300 products that only existed on paper just a year ago are now being shipped directly to customers.
- Campaigns from TicPods Free, PaMu Earphones and the Rocketbook Everlast Mini shipped the most products to backers.
- 1,400,000 people contributed 2,100,000 times to projects on Indiegogo.
- Backers from every single country and territory around the globe backed projects on Indiegogo!
- 30 projects raised more than $1,000,000 and 250 raised more than $100,000!
- Entrepreneurs hail from all around the globe, with a large majority from China, the U.S. and U.K.
- Mate X, the most successful project ever on Indiegogo, has raised nearly $14 million and more than $20 million total between its two campaigns!
- 15 Fortune 500 companies leveraged the platform for crucial product development insights, including LEGO, Coca Cola, and Tyson.
We couldn’t be happier about building a successful business by helping other entrepreneurs bring their ideas to life and we’re excited for the prospect of continued growth in the months and years ahead.