Between the winter holidays, CES, and Martin Luther King Day (arguably the most important holiday of the year) we haven’t done one of these in a while. We know you missed our wit, but you probably mostly missed hearing about how cool our campaigners are. We have a lot to catch up on. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll tilt your head and say “hm” wistfully.
You all know by now that we had an incredible CES this year. Our central location made sure that, ‘all roads led to Indiegogo’. We are experts at a lot of things, and everyone wanted to come see us. If you missed the Instagram posts and want to feel like you were there, look no further because we’ve put together a list of the articles written about us so far, and there are more to come! From visionary interviews with Dave
, to the very latest
new devices, it was all there. Check out more of our CES press coverage below.
Before, during, and after CES things other things happened to. Those things deserve to be talked about too.
As a society we are really struggling with sleep. So much so that Somnox
has invented a pillow you can cuddle to help you achieve relaxation with breath. In this article
, it was compared to a snoring cat, but this robot won’t sit on your chest in the middle of the night and cause you to dream that you’re drowning.
Where are they now?
A few years ago, a Romanian photographer was traveling in Ethiopia, and was struck by how many beautiful women she met
. And it wasn’t the kind of beauty that we have been made to idealize by magazines, movies and Instagram. She wanted other people to see what she saw, and expand our sadly limited idea of what it means to be “beautiful”. For four years, she traveled around the world, photographing the incredible women she met and telling their stories. You can order The Atlas of Beauty
now. It should be sold in a mother-daughter package with Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls.
Hopefully most of you marched for women (and for general humankind) this weekend, so I want to keep the celebration of impressive ladies going. Window Horses
, an animated film that explores cultural identity, complicated family relationships, and art itself, is in the running for an Oscar nomination
. The filmmaker incorporated a variety of styles of animation to reflect the cultural diversity of the story, which is just another layer of why she is so cool.
CES 2018 Coverage
- Entrepreneur: Live at CES: Indiegogo CEO Predicts What’s Next for Crowdfunding
- Entrepreneur: 3 Crowdfunding Tips Every Company Forgets From a Brand That Raised $800,000 and Got Acquired
- Entrepreneur via Facebook Live, Entrepreneur Associate Editor Lydia Belanger is Live at CES 2018 in Las Vegas with David Mandelbrot, CEO of Indiegogo, talking about how the crowdfunding landscape is changin
- VentureBeat: Indiegogo moves beyond crowdfunding to help startups with manufacturing
- Digital Trends Indiegogo stops by DT’s booth at CES to show off some cool crowdfunding projects
- Digital Trends: Catch up on Day 2 of CES 2018 with our quick wrap-up video
- FOX 61 Connecticut: 7am hour – interview with Slava from IGG booth
- CNET: Dreamlight Mask at CES, to launch on Indiegogo
- CNET: Fenix AR helmet rises from the ashes of Skully at CES
- CNET: I biked Vegas during CES and lived to tell the tale
- Curbed: Indiegogo campaign, BoxLock, mentioned in round-up of trends at CES
- Digital Trends: Skully’s AR helmet is back! And burned crowdfunders won’t be burned after all
- Forbes: CircuitMess Taps Retro Gaming And DIY Attitude To Spark Imaginations At CES 2018
- Forbes: Week In Wearables: CES Highlights, HTC Vive Pro, Garmin’s Latest, Philips SmartSleep Helmet
- MSN: 6 coolest gadgets from CES you’ll likely see in your house this year
- Quartz: Best of CES 2018: The one company vital to gaming, self-driving cars, and AI
- TechCrunch: The PDA returns to CES, because everything old is new again
- USA Today: 5 coolest things we’ve seen at CES so far
- Yahoo!: The weirdest tech of CES 2018
Looking for more great stories about our campaigners? Head on over to our Medium publication.