We’re turning Earth Day 2021 into a whole week of events at Indiegogo! That’s because Earth Day is kind of a big deal around here. Know why? Because Indiegogo is your go-to hub for green innovation and technology. Since our inception, Indiegogo has been home to hundreds of campaigns that aim at saving the planet, whether they be for solar panels, plastic-free products, or alternative transport.
But recently, green campaigns have become a cornerstone of crowdfunding. In 2020, support for green campaigns grew nearly 900% as compared to the previous year. That’s incredible! Thanks to backers like you, earth-friendly tech is helping to make the world a better place.
That’s why we’re excited to bring back our popular Virtual Hangouts for a very special series taking place the entire week of Earth Day. You’ll hear from changemakers, entrepreneurs, and creators on the future of green tech, sustainable fashion, and more via live Zoom roundtables and fireside chats. Catch the details on all the sessions below!
Click here to sign up! Each session is free and when you register you’ll get a link you can use to join the live session.
Electric Transportation: E-Bikes, Marketing Capital, and a $1.3M Crowdfunding Campaign with Clearbanc
Date: 4/20 at 12pm PT
- Riley Finch, Head of VC Partnerships, Clearbanc
- Anders Loven-Holt, Director of Digital Services, Indiegogo
- Roshan Thomas, CEO and Founder, Juggernaut HD Duo Ultimate Range E-Bike
Date: 4/21 at 8 AM PT
- Moderator: Adeeti Goswami, Campaign Strategist
- Taylor Hill, Brand Partnership Manager, The Renewal Workshop, which makes refurbished apparel
- Lenja Doms, Founder, Yuma Labs and Creator, Lazlo Eyewear, which makes eyewear from recycled plastic
- Carla Maria de Souza, Founder, Project Tres, which empowers women in India with handicrafts
- Angela Wang, CEO, Orimei, the wrinkle-resistant packable coat
- Valentina Caccavale, Brand Director, Gitzo Légende Tripod and Backpack
Date: 4/21 at 11 AM PT
- Moderator: Stacy Bradford, Hardware Manager
- Isabel Aagaard, Co-Founder, Last Object Reusable Tissue Pack
- Inketsu Okina, Chief Intelligence Officer, PJP Eye LTD and Laboratory 6 Group folding eBike
- Jeff Meyer, Founder, ClimateGARD, the no-kill sustainable fertilizer
- James Whitfield, Managing Director, briiv, the plant-powered air purifier
- Eli Marmar, Author, Wind Quest, and Co-Founder, Freewaters Footwear
Date: 4/22 at 10am PT
- Moderator: Angela Keck, Community Manager, Indiegogo
- Christian Gärtner, Co-Founder of KALEA, which turns kitchen waste into compost in only 48h
- Lisa Curtis, Founder & CEO, Kuli Kuli, the raw snack made from the superfood moringa
- Sian Murray, Co-Founder, Pleasant State, the plastic-free, non-toxic refillable cleaning solution
- Petrice Jones, Co-founder & CEO, The One Movement and Creator, The One Bottle, a reusable water bottle that transforms ocean plastic into homes for those in need
- Elad Burko, Co-Founder & CEO, terraplanter, the inside-out hydroponic planter
Date: 4/22 at 12pm PT
- Meghan Quinn, Digital Marketing Coordinator at Arrow Electronics
- Patrick Sherwin, CEO, GoSun Flow Solar Powered Water Purifier & Pump
Ready to celebrate Earth Day with crowdfunding changemakers? Click here to RSVP for our Virtual Hangouts today! Each session is free and when you register you’ll get a link you can use to join the live session.