By submitting your entry to Pitch Fest, you acknowledge and agree you have read and agree to be bound by the Pitch Fest Official Rules including the Additional Terms and Conditions, the decisions of Indiegogo and you satisfy all eligibility requirements.
Pitch Fest Official Rules:
Indiegogo is sponsoring Pitch Fest which will be held on Monday, March 11, 2013 between the hours of 5:30 P.M. and 7:30 P.M. CST at TechZulu Trend Lounge, Hilton Garden Inn 18th floor, 500 N Interstate 35, Austin, Texas. There is no fee to enter this contest or to present at Pitch Fest if you are chosen as a presenter. You are solely responsible for your own expenses.
What is Pitch Fest? The first 25 eligible presenters to submit completed entry forms to Indiegogo will be given the opportunity to pitch their passion and perks for an Indiegogo campaign to a panel of judges. Each presenter has up to 2 minutes to pitch to the judging panel followed by a few minutes to answer questions of the judges. The first, second and third place winners will be awarded the prizes described below.
Presenters may be chosen from the audience if, by the time Pitch Fest begins, there are less than 25 eligible presenters who have submitted completed entry forms in advance to Indeiegogo; in which case, the presenter will complete the entry form and agree to be bound to these Official Rules before pitching to the Judging Panel.
Even if you are not chosen as a presenter or you decide not to enter, you are welcome to attend Pitch Fest.
How do I Get Chosen? Starting on March 7, 2013 and ending on the submission deadline of Sunday, March 10th at 5:00 PM Pacific Time, you may complete and submit the entry form available on the SXSW 2013 Indiegogo blog
Beginning after the submission deadline through noon of Monday, March 11, 2013, Indiegogo will review your submissions and, in its sole discretion and judgment, choose up to the first 25 eligible presenters to participate in Pitch Fest subject to and in accordance with these Official Rules and the following Additional Terms and Conditions. You will be notified by email or telephone by 1:00 P.M. CST on Monday, March 11, 2013, if you are chosen to participate; at which time, you will confirm your participation and your agreement to comply with these Official Rules and Additional Terms and Conditions. If you do not hear from Indiegogo by email or telephone number provided on your entry form by 1:30 P.M. CST, please assume that you have not been chosen to present your pitch. You are still welcome to attend Pitch Fest.
You are solely responsible for all your expenses for completing and submitting the entry form and for participating in Pitch Fest if you are chosen as a presenter or chose to attend as a spectator. It is estimated these costs should not exceed the cost of your travel and other incidental expenses to attend Pitch Fest.
How will Winners of Pitch Fest be Judged? Winners will be judged on the passion, commitment, creativity of the presenter and the likelihood of success of the pitched campaign as a majority of the Judging Panel determines in its sole and exclusive judgment and discretion.
Judging Panel: Currently, the following individuals make up the judging panel:
Hannah Hart – Hello, Harto!
Pearl Wible – Hello, Harto!
John Trigonis – Indiegogo
Brent Wilkins – Skull Candy
Sean Keegan – Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie
Brad Wyman – Indiegogo
Any or all of the members of the judging panel may be substituted or the number of judges may change; all without notice to you.
Prizes: One of each of the following prizes will be awarded to the winner immediately following the conclusion of all pitches during the Pitch Fest event. You must be present to win.
1st Prize $500 in “gogobucks” when you launch the winning Campaign and $500 in Skullcandy earphones and earbuds to be used as Perks for your Campaign.
2nd Prize $250 in gogobucks when you launch the winning Campaign and $250 in Skullcandy earphones and earbuds to be used as Perks on your Campaign.
3rd Prize: $150 in gogobucks when you launch the winning Campaign and $150 in Skullcandy earphones and earbuds to be used as Perks on your Campaign.
A majority of the judges will decide the ultimate tie-breaker winner in their sole and exclusive discretion.
Additional Terms and Conditions. You agree the following Additional Terms and Conditions apply in addition to the foregoing:
- This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. It is void and you may not participate where this contest is prohibited.
- The sponsor of Pitch Fest is Indiegogo, Inc., 965 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103. Indiegogo’s employees, officers, directors, contractors and their immediate families are not eligible to enter or win.
- Indiegogo reserves the right to permit or not your eligibility to participate in Pitch Fest and, at any time until the winners are announced by the Judging Panel, may disqualify you from entering or participating in Pitch Fest for any reason or no reason at all, without liability. All decisions made by Indiegogo or the Judging Panel are final and binding and you agree to abide with all such decisions.
- Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, garbled, incompletely received, mutilated, or illegible, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser or network failure, malfunction, congestion or incompatibility at Indiegogo’s website or elsewhere, will not be eligible. Indiegogo is not responsible for any technical problems related to online entries. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Indiegogo. Indiegogo reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate Pitch Fest for any causes beyond Indiegogo’s control including, without limitation, internet or service outages. In the event of termination of Pitch Fest before conclusion of all pitches or should the need arise to reschedule or delay Pitch Fest for any reason, Indiegogo will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify all entrants and presenters and no Prizes will be awarded.
- Income and other taxes, if any, on the value of the Prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Indiegogo may substitute any Prize for another prize of greater or equal value. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes must be claimed and used no later than 1 year or the Prize will lapse and no longer be available to the winner.
- You acknowledge and agree that, by participating in Pitch Fest, you do so at your own expense and risk without any promises, representations or warranties of any type, express or implied, except as expressly stated in the Pitch Fest Official Rules, including, without limitation, that your submission will be considered, you will be asked to participate as a presenter at Pitch Fest, you will be chosen as a winner or awarded a Prize or the results of any and all campaigns you may run relating to Pitch Fest or otherwise.
- You, irrevocably and in perpetuity: (a), authorize, permit and license Indiegogo (its affiliates and designees) to Use any photo(s), video(s), written statement(s), and all other forms of media (collectively, “Media”) that includes your likeness in any and all of its publications, ads, and Web sites, in any form or media, including social media sites such as, but not limited to, Facebook and Twitter, without payment or any other consideration and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written or electronic copy, wherein your likeness appears. “Use” includes, without limitation, the right to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, distribute or otherwise use in any form or medium any Media for any lawful purpose. All Media is Indiegogo’s property; and, (b) waive, release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Indiegogo, its officers, directors, employees, contractorss and agents, from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages relating to or resulting from my participation in Pitch Fest or Use of the Media including without limitation, defamation, detrimental reliance, invasion of privacy or violation of any privacy right. For your waiver to be effective, you agree to provision of Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California do not apply to any claim or cause of action arising or resulting from Pitch Fest: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
- Following Pitch Fest, if you do not opt-out by providing written notification to Indiegogo, Indiegogo may contact you using your email or other information provided to Indiegogo in your submission with other sales, marketing and promotional materials and communications. You may also be contacted by Indiegogo at any time using the contact information you supply to Indiegogo for purposes related to Pitch Fest.
- Upon request, a list of names of all winners, prizes and winning pitches will be provided along with the actual number of presenters and these Official Rules. Indiegogo will keep detailed records of Pitch Fest for at least two years after all the Prizes are awarded.
- This promotion is governed by the laws of the state of California and the United States, as applicable. Venue lies in San Francisco County, California. If any provision of these Official Rules or Additional Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of the Official Rules or Terms and Conditions and all others will otherwise remain in full force and effect.