Congratulations to the winner of the Indiegogo Fellowship: Skye Von’s Falling Out Of Love! Instead of making yet another traditional music video, Falling Out Of Love is partaking in a revolution and creating a fantastic journey into VR, interactivity and role playing. Their story permits you to partake from the characters’ points of view, allowing you to fully immerse yourself and enable the story to become your own.
Learn more about Indiegogo and IFP and how you could be a part of future opportunities.
Since 2014, we’ve partnered with the Independent Filmmaker Project (IFP) to help support indie filmmakers and artists with the essential resources necessary for all stages of development and distribution. We’ve spoken at and attended events like IFP Independent Film Week, hosted educational workshops such as The Ins and Outs of Successful Crowdfunding and partnered with the organization for its Made in NY Media Center. Now, we’re working with the Made in NY Media Center by IFP once again to empower artists in bringing their dreams to life.
The Indiegogo Fellowship
Are you a media maker, entrepreneur, filmmaker or storyteller looking for an exciting opportunity to turn your ideas in reality? Today, we’re excited to announce the Indiegogo Fellowship, a chance for one artist to receive six months of Community Workspace membership at the Made in NY Media Center by IFP. The Made in NY Media Center is an incubator space where storytellers from multiple disciplines, industries and platforms can create, collaborate and connect. We are looking for compelling ideas from creatives that are looking to collaborate with others and take advantage of all the Media Center has to offer.
The Made in NY Media Center by IFP membership includes benefits such as:
- Desk space
- Invitations to private networking and industry events
- Mentorship opportunities
- Access to all the Media Center amenities
- and more!
The Indiegogo Fellow will be selected by the IFP based on the overall strength of the applicant’s project and the project’s core principles.
- Projects MUST be in film or related video content ONLY.
- Applicants MUST have or will launch an Indiegogo campaign (must have live campaign or draft in progress)
- Applicants MUST commit to working a minimum of 20 hours per week at the Media Center for six consecutive months, from April 1st, 2016 to September 1st, 2016.
- Applicants MUST be open to collaboration in a shared workspace.
- Applicants MAY NOT be a current Media Center member.
- Applications open: March 7th, 2016
- Application deadline: March 22nd, 2016
- Fellow announced: March 25th, 2016
- Fellowship starts: April 1st, 2016
- Fellowship ends: September 1st, 2016
Interested applicants should apply here.