We are thrilled to introduce you to the newest addition to our team, Eileen Jerrett! A documentary filmmaker, community activist, and passionate advocate for social change, Eileen brings a wealth of experience to her role as Artistic Projects Director.
In 2013, Eileen produced her first feature film, Blueberry Soup, which explored the Icelandic constitutional reform process. Crowdfunding played a vital role in bringing the film to life. It has since been screened worldwide, including at film festivals, universities, television, and streaming platforms.
Eileen’s connection with crowdfunding runs deeper than her personal success story. It has become an integral part of her creative journey, supporting a diverse range of projects, including film productions, cross-continental screening tours, and the creation of a participatory multimedia archive.
Now, as a part of the Indiegogo team, she brings her expertise and passion to empower other artists and creators. In Eileen’s own words:
“There are so many invisible costs in the creative process that builds into a mammoth undertaking when done alone. Crowdfunding takes away that aloneness.”
Eileen understands the hidden costs and challenges of the creative process, and she believes crowdfunding helps alleviate the sense of isolation that often accompanies artistic endeavors.
Beyond her role at Indiegogo, Eileen is dedicated to mentoring emerging filmmakers, sharing her experiences, and encouraging diverse perspectives in storytelling.
She recognizes the innate features of crowdfunding that resonate with the artist mentality, and she continues to champion independent voices in the industry.
Below, Eileen cites key benefits and opportunities that crowdfunding offers to artists:
- Creative Control: With crowdfunding, artists maintain complete control over their projects, preserving their vision without compromising it to meet external expectations.
- Financial Support: Crowdfunding offers artists a process to attain financial support, Platforms like Indiegogo have supported over 356,428 artists, providing faster turnaround for funding compared to grant cycles.
- Continual Artistic Launchpad: Using tools like InDemand, artists can release new work, generate revenue, and receive community feedback without managing their own website.
- Outreach and Building a Fanbase: Crowdfunding campaigns serve as powerful marketing tools, attracting new followers and supporters while energizing existing fans.
- Validation and Market Testing: Crowdfunding provides valuable feedback for artists, helping to refine ideas and produce a stronger final product.
- Innovation Station: Crowdfunding empowers artists to pursue unconventional projects, fostering artistic experimentation and supporting creativity without traditional funding constraints.
The impact of crowdfunding extends to a wide range of creative projects.
Here are some of her favorite creative campaigns of the moment:
“This is a great example of arts and activism coming together with a global community of support.”
“Great example of using InDemand to keep momentum. For anyone thinking of starting a campaign this is a beautiful design reference. Engaging visual storytelling throughout the campaign page, well thought out rewards, and my favorite part is how they used the Updates feature to craft clear and visually stunning updates on the progress of their campaign.”
“This is this incredible theater company’s 6th Indiegogo campaign. This organization is focused on developing the talents of young performers who are passionate about musical theater, offering scholarships to students who couldn’t otherwise afford to participate. This is a great example of an organization utilizing crowdfunding tools to empower their message and rally their community.”
“Community archives are initiatives close to my heart. The key for archives is accessibility, and what better way to let the public know material exists, than bringing them into the preservation process through crowdfunding.”
Eileen Jerrett’s dedication to her craft, her commitment to addressing important societal issues through art, and her profound understanding of the power of crowdfunding have established her as a respected voice in the arts world. Her work continues to drive meaningful dialogue and leaves an indelible impact on both the art form and the communities it touches.
As the Head of Artistic Projects at Indiegogo, Eileen draws from her vast experience as a filmmaker to provide valuable insights and guidance, ensuring that Indiegogo effectively supports creative projects.
Join us in welcoming Eileen Jerrett as she embarks on her journey with Indiegogo, driving new conversations and empowering artists to own their creative process from concept to distribution. Together, we’ll shape an industry where creators thrive, helping them drive an impact on our collective future.
To get in touch with Eileen Jerrett, you can drop a note at: firstname.lastname@example.org