We have heard from many in our community the desire for and positive impact of the ability to keep their campaigns open beyond the deadline. Since our mission is to democratize funding, we believe we must continue to pioneer this industry through innovation until all people can fund what matters to them – whatever it is, wherever they are or however they’d like to do it.
To that effect, we’ve launched a new pilot program that will let campaigners continue raising money even after their campaign deadline, providing a new way to deepen their engagement with funders.
By allowing campaigns to continue after they reach their goals, this turnkey pilot project reflects the increased use of Indiegogo by businesses, artists and activists who seek to attract and develop new audiences. The new functionality will enable campaigns to:
- Continue receiving contributions from around the world
- Maintain the exposure, SEO and links that they’ve already built during their campaign, without having to start elsewhere from scratch
- Capitalize on the existing web traffic
- Manage ongoing funding and communication efforts from a single location
- Utilize data obtained through Indiegogo’s Campaigner Dashboard and Google Analytics integration
As the world’s largest online funding platform, Indiegogo routinely looks to customer feedback to help drive the innovation of new products and features to improve the user experience. The pilot program will be open to select campaigns starting today – including Tens and TrackR bravo – and will expand to all campaigns that have reached their initial funding goals in the coming months. Stay tuned…