1. When Corporal Nathan Cirillo and Warran Officer Patrice Vincent were tragically killed in Canada in late 2014, two concerned citizens came together to launch an Indiegogo campaign to raise funds for their families. In one week, 3,455 people from all around the world came together to raise nearly $400,000.
2. The day that Grant Kirsch learned of Cecil Williams and his dog Orlando, he knew he had to help. Williams, blind and a stranger to Kirsch, had fallen onto subway tracks and Orlando faithfully jumped to save him. The train ran over them both, but insurance couldn’t cover Orlando’s costs, and the two risked separation. Kirsch took it upon himself to launch an Indiegogo campaign and raise nearly $79,000 from 2,619 people around the world to keep them together.
3. Doctors determined that Hadlie, a three-year-old suffering from a highly aggressive and rare brain tumor only had a few months left to live, so her parents launched an Indiegogo campaign to raise enough money to check off everything on the little girl’s bucket list before it was too late. The world came together to raise more than $110,000 for Hadlie.
4. When Jonathan Fleming of New York City was freed from prison after 24 years for a crime he didn’t commit, the Indiegogo community came together to raise over $49,000 to begin to repay him the quarter of a life he had lost.
5. The “How Does A Homeless Man Spend $100?” YouTube video of Thomas, a homeless man who lost everything, went viral when millions were touched by his generosity in the face of adversity. In the spirit of giving, Josh Lin launched an Indiegogo campaign to provide him with a fresh start and the it has raised more than $100,000 and counting.