Last month IndieGoGo co-founder Danae Ringelmann appeared on filmmaker and author Chris Jones' podcast to talk about crowdfunding strategies filmmakers. (And it applies to everyone else, too!) We think it's a great interview that hits on questions so many of your have about crowdfunding and how to best use IndieGoGo.
Listen to the podcast to learn:
- What are the two biggest factors that influence the amount of money you can raise using IndieGoGo?
- How did the film Cerise raise 70% of their $6,300 budget from strangers with their IndieGoGo campaign and how can you use similar tactics to identify a new audience for your film (and campaign).
- What are the key elements of a good IndieGoGo campaign page?
- What is the one big mistake filmmakers make when creating their campaign page on IndieGoGo?
- How to pick the right images to use for your campaign.
- What does it mean to be 'authentic' in your approach?
- How will people find your campaign online?
- How to use IndieGoGo analytics to identify the biggest influencers on your campaign.
- How fictional films can raise as much money as hard-hitting documentaries.
- Why use IndieGoGo and not Kickstarter to launch your campaign?
- Best practices for launching a second campaign on IndieGoGo.
And check out Chris Jones' own IndieGoGo campaign here!