Here's a great video from Tomasz Kaye, an animator and designer based in the Netherlands, with some helpful tips on how to get prepared for your campaign and how to keep it alive.
In summary, Tomasz recommends to:
- involve people in your team that are social media savvy
- remind people about your campaign but combine it with other information that the people in your social group might find interesting (i.e. the process of running your campaign, how you made your pitch video)
- look for events or parties both on and offline that you can participate in where you can plug and talk about your campaign
- make it easy for bloggers/editors to gather information about your campaign
- offer name credits as perks and at the same time, don't be afraid to offer perks that will cost you money